Sunday, March 18, 2007

Preparing for the Unthinkable

My worst nightmare seems to have come true.

do i still go the west indies if india doesnt make it to the super8 ? would i like to watch the bangla tigers play instead of india ?

I'm going there 100% on my own personal expense and am shelling out a small fortune on this. I was taking my wife, 2 kids and my parents to this event. I had bought the follow the India team package - all of India's Super8 matches and the semi-final and final. I've bought non-refundable tickets to and from the west indies. I've also bought non-refundable tickets between the islands following team B2.

What if India doesnt qualify ? we were planning to book the accomodation over this weekend, but somehow have hit the pause button now. we're not going to shell out any more money till Saturday nite, when we will know 80% of the answer (since the Bangla - Bermuda match is on25th and it will be all-clear only after that !).

The only good thing arising out of all this is room rates (which are ridiculous right now) may actually touch sane levels...

Here's hoping for the best !

No comments: